Everyone wants to have the best looking wood cabinets in their home. This is easily attainable if you know what to do. What you need to do is keep your cabinets clean.
Achieve the Best Wood Cabinets
of experience in cabinet refacing
Learn More About Cabinets
drawer fronts and existing boxes with new wood
Wood Cabinets at their Best
Here are simple steps to help you clean your wood cabinets:
- Check to see if the finish is cracked or damaged. This will need to be fixed before you can clean daily because water can seep through the finish, causing permanent damage.
- Use a soft cloth and mild soap and water to wipe them down.
- Make sure to wipe up all the water left over on the surfaces so that you will not leave watermarks.
- Use a good furniture polish between washes to keep your cabinets looking new.
- Don’t forget to dust every other day.
- Never use steel wool to scrub off stains, this will scratch the cabinets and leave them looking aged.
- Avoid spray type polishes that contain petroleum solvents. They are flammable and toxic, two characteristics that are unsafe to use in a kitchen.
- Wipe up spills and any water marks as they happen so that they do not set into the wood. This is will a saving grace later on when you go to deep clean your cabinets.
- Don’t hang wet dish towels over the cabinets. Over time the moisture and the dripping from them can cause permanent water damage.
Doing these steps will help keep your cabinets looking new and fresh, giving you the best look possible. Clean cabinets are the key to outstanding cabinets.